This ain't a call center



When I saw this garage today I couldn't help but snap a quick photo from the sidewalk. I was impressed. Imagine how much life has gone on inside this old garage in downtown Sarasota. How many cars stopped working with urgent needs to take families to school, the dentist, baseball games, and take Dad home again after work? How many orders of transmissions, quarts of oil, alternators, carburetors, tires, and headlights have come in and out of this door?  It would probably be thousands of parts over the years.  I can imagine all of the knowledge that must have worked on cars. This is the real thing.


This is a station where they will pump your gas for you and wash your windows.  A nice touch is an American flag right outside. This ain't a call center. This is the real deal. This is what it takes if you want to stay in business and support your family for the next 30 Years.  The buck stops at the pump, the car lift, and in the office.  You don't hear "It's above my pay grade"  in a place like this.  In fact, there are a couple of Presidents (including the current one and two presidents ago who used that phrase when asked tough questions) I don't think I'd trust to work in this place without heavy supervision.  Maybe part-time to start.  We'll see how it goes.

Comments

Popular Posts